Terms & Conditions
2023 TERM DATES
Term 4: 9/10-15/12
2024 TERM DATES
5 February 2024 – 13 April 2024
29 April 2024 – 6 July 2024
22 July 2024 – 28 September 2024
14 October 2024 – 21 December 2024
- All lessons offered by Guitar Tutor Commuter (GTC) are conducted by qualified music tutors who hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC).
- Bookings for lessons must be made through GTC’s website, and full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is required before proceeding with a booking. By making a payment, you indicate your acceptance and understanding of GTC’s Terms and Conditions.
- GTC holds no liability or responsibility for any injuries sustained by students during their participation in any activities related to GTC. This includes activities both on and off GTC premises.
- GTC holds no liability or responsibility for any minors, siblings, friends, or relatives of the students who attend or wait at GTC locations while the students are having music lessons.
- GTC holds no liability or responsibility for any damages caused by students, minors, siblings, friends, or relatives of the students at any location where GTC operates.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of NSW. Any legal actions, claims, or demands arising from these Terms and Conditions shall be handled in a court of competent jurisdiction within the state of NSW.
Private Music Lessons
- GTC requires a minimum of 24 hours notice for cancellations of all lesson types. It is necessary to contact GTC administration directly for cancellations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0433 539 728. Informing the tutor alone is not sufficient. Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are still subject to payment. Please note that the cancellation policy also applies to public holidays falling within the term dates. If you do not wish to attend a lesson on a public holiday, please notify us in advance so we can exclude it from your booking.
- In the event that a student’s address or availability changes before completing a lesson package, GTC has no obligation to provide lessons at the new location, and any remaining lessons may be forfeited.
- Introductory Lesson Packages must be used within 35 days from the date of the first lesson.
- Lesson bookings must be completed within the following time frames: 26 weeks for casual lessons; 13 weeks for full-term packages; 8 weeks for half-term packages. Students may request lesson reschedules within those time frames. If your assigned tutor is unavailable for a rescheduled lesson, you will have the option to have the lesson with an appropriate substitute tutor. Any lessons not completed within this timeframe will be forfeited.
- While GTC tutors strive to maintain their schedules, there may be instances where a tutor cannot make it to a scheduled lesson due to unforeseen circumstances or misadventure. In such cases, an appropriate substitute tutor will be allocated, or the lesson will be rescheduled. If rescheduling is not possible, the lesson will be credited to the following term. If your tutor fails to arrive at the agreed time for a lesson, please bring your concerns to the attention of GTC administration.
- Discounted school holiday lessons are available for students who have completed a full-term package. These holiday lessons generally offer flexibility in terms of timing, but missed holiday lessons cannot be credited to the following term. Any lessons not completed within the specified holiday period will be forfeited.
- Students who are unable to complete a lesson package before the designated booking expiry date determined by their chosen package due to unforeseen circumstances or adversity may submit an application for credit. A GTC representative will carefully review the application and determine if cancellations can be excused on compassionate grounds. Successful applicants will receive credit towards their next lesson booking. All applicant details will remain confidential.
- GTC is not liable for any technical problems that may arise during online lessons, including issues beyond our control. Our tutors ensure they have a stable internet connection and strive to maintain clear audio and video communication. Students are expected to do the same and ensure their setup is suitable before the lesson begins.
- Music lessons involving more than one student follow the same cancellation and rescheduling policies as listed above. However, group lessons with four or more students cannot be rescheduled.
- Gift Cards issued by GTC have a validity period of 1 year from the date of issue and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Before purchasing a gift card, it is essential to inform GTC of the recipient’s general location to ensure our services can be provided there. If the recipient’s location changes after the purchase, GTC has no obligation to provide services at the new location.
Instrument Shop and Hire Programs
- All instruments purchased or hired from GTC incur a $20 delivery fee unless they are picked up from 5 Rosa Street, Oatley, 2223.
- Upon booking an instrument hire plan, GTC authorises the renter to rent the chosen instrument(s) and/or accessories for the agreed rental period at an agreed weekly rate, paid in advance by direct deposit upon receipt of a tax invoice. The minimum rental period is 3 weeks.
- A deposit is required at the time of booking to secure the instrument hire. The deposit amount will be communicated to you by GTC. This deposit serves as security for the instrument and covers potential repair or maintenance costs.
- As the renter, you are responsible for the proper care of the instrument and any accessories while they are in your possession. In the event of loss, theft, or damage to the instrument, you will be liable to pay a reasonable cost to repair or replace it. We advise you to have appropriate insurance coverage, such as home contents insurance, to protect against such incidents, as GTC does not provide insurance coverage for rented instruments.
- The instrument must be returned to 5 Rosa Street, Oatley, by the conclusion of the rental period. Failure to return the instrument by the designated date will result in extended rental durations being billed, with weekly payments deducted from your account. GTC reserves the right to pursue legal means of collecting payment if necessary.
- GTC reserves the right to deduct any necessary repair or maintenance costs from the deposit provided by the renter. The deducted amount will be based on the expenses incurred to restore the instrument to its original condition. GTC will provide an itemised statement of the deductions along with the remaining balance, if any, after the deductions have been made.
- As a student, you may be eligible to receive a referral voucher if a new student mentions your name during their enrolment with GTC. The referral voucher will be provided to you after the new student completes 5 regular lessons with GTC (excluding introductory lesson packages). Referral vouchers can be redeemed for any GTC services, including music lessons, instrument hire, and instrument care.
- Payments for all GTC services are inclusive of GST are to be paid in full and in advance by credit or debit card through our payment gateway, Stripe. Transaction fees, calculated as a percentage of the total transaction amount or a flat fee, are payable on all payments. Transaction fees are non-refundable, except in cases of erroneous charges. If you believe there is a miscalculation in any fees, please contact GTC within a reasonable time frame for resolution. More information on Stripe Fees can be found here: https://stripe.com/en-au/pricing.
- In the event of default on payment(s), GTC will take necessary action to recover the debt. The client will be responsible for all costs incurred, including surcharges and administration fees.
- If a student is unable to attend a lesson due to prolonged illness, an application can be made to GTC for remission of the unused tuition fees. The remission will be credited towards the student’s fees for the following term. An administration fee will be charged for processing such an application, and a medical certificate may be required.
- The first lesson of all introductory packages comes with a money-back guarantee. Refund requests must be made within 7 days of the lessons and include a valid reason for dissatisfaction with our lesson services. You may be asked to provide evidence of your dissatisfaction, such as communication records with tutors/staff or any technical difficulties encountered. Approved refunds will be processed within 5 business days and returned to the original payment method used for purchase, exclusive of transaction fees. GTC reserves the right to refuse refunds in cases of suspected abuse or fraud.
- Please notify GTC admin of any address and/or availability changes as early as possible to help us accommodate the change. Guitar Tutor Commuter does not have any obligation to facilitate changes that differ from the agreement made upon payment of our services.
- GTC offers tutors the opportunity to set their own rates after teaching with us for a certain period of time. Extra tutor fees may be added to lesson prices during the checkout process. The amounts will be communicated to you before you make a booking.
- If a student wishes to discontinue lessons with their current tutor but has remaining lessons on their booking, a refund will not be provided unless special circumstances apply. To file a complaint against a tutor, students must email GTC Admin. Eligibility for credit for uncompleted lessons will be assessed upon receipt of the complaint. GTC admin will make efforts to arrange a replacement tutor, but immediate availability cannot be guaranteed.
Privacy and Updates
- By enrolling with GTC, you consent to GTC using your personal information for operational purposes. GTC respects your privacy and will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent unless required by law.
- GTC reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the client to review the Terms and Conditions regularly. The continued use of GTC services after any changes constitutes acceptance of the modified Terms and Conditions.
Media Release Permissions
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you grant Guitar Tutor Commuter the right and permission to use photographs, videos, audio recordings, and any other media captured during lessons, performances, or events involving students or their representatives for promotional and marketing purposes.
- This includes but is not limited to, the use of media on the Guitar Tutor Commuter website, social media platforms, advertising materials, press releases, and other promotional materials.
- Guitar Tutor Commuter will make reasonable efforts to ensure that media used for promotional purposes is appropriate and respectful. However, Guitar Tutor Commuter is not responsible for the use of media by third parties once it has been released.
- If you do not wish for media featuring you or your child to be used for promotional purposes, you must notify Guitar Tutor Commuter in writing, specifically indicating your objection to the use of media.
- By participating in lessons, performances, or events organised by Guitar Tutor Commuter, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this media release clause and agree to its terms.